01. Why did I move to Russia?

I moved to St. Petersburg, Russia last weekend! I work in corporate training for a major multinational pharmaceutical company. For the last five years, I've been based in Broomfield, Colorado (USA). One of my previous supervisors there is originally from Iceland but has worked in several locations in Europe and the USA on a series of international assignments. After several years in Broomfield, he took a position at our company's facility in St. Petersburg, and then recruited me to come to Russia, as well. The process was slow and full of bureaucratic delays. All the corporate approvals took almost two years from our initial conversations, and frankly I am a bit surprised that everything came together in the end. This blog will not focus too much on my job, if I even mention it again. Much more interesting to me (and probably, to you as well) will be my experiences as an expatriate in Russia - my impressions of the people, culture, food, language, etc. as well as what life in St. Petersburg is like. Spoiler alert - it's quickly becoming one of my favorite cities in Europe!  

Comments

Popular Posts